Thank you Mirjana and Lee. I have not done much yet accept wear more short jackets as toppers. I have been sticking to colors for the season and trading winter things for lighter colors and weight for spring:

I will concentrate the gamine style with any new purchases this spring/summer and beyond, but do not feel I have it yet. Masculine does not appeal. Nothing at retail in my size is appealing right now.

Re Susan B, I've read her blog for over a decade and even got to meet her once. Although I'm tall, and more of a soft autumn, I find lots of great stuff and ideas on her blog. And of course, great ideas for the "woman of a certain age."

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do find this spring. I've always liked your style, so it will be fun to watch your progress in making some changes.

This sounds interesting, Joy - good luck with making the gamine transition work well for your lifestyle!

I suspect it should be able to work with your glucose meter - e.g. I associate shift dresses (no defined waist) with the gamine look, no?

It is hard to find dresses with no back zipper and enough length. But I have enough to wear one twice a week, especially in the summer. I could use more dresses with sleeves for shoulder seasons. I am adding more skirts. I need more black skirts and white dressy blouses to wear for PEO initiations. My last trial was a fail as I am too small now for my blouses and skirts.

Ah, I see - I usually have the opposite problem at my height lol. What's PEO initiations, sorry?

PEO is a ladies group who initiates members. Members used to wear white robes. But they looked too ku kucks klanish to me. Now we can wear a black bottom and white top of your choice. I highly recommend the group as a way to quickly meet other women in's new town. Most groups meet once a month, some two times. One can pick between morning and evening meetings for your convenience.