Kia Ora (Hello to you all in Te Reo, our Maori language)

Happy New Year!!

I am still on vacation and it has been very relaxing and sunny. I feel very lucky.

I have started my 2024 planning - and have given some thought to my wardrobe this year.

I find choosing a word easier than a colour for some reason. Last year evolve was my word and and it was apt. This year I choose grace - because I want to live my life with grace, and give
grace to people who are different to me. In yoga we often choose a word and grace has been coming to mind frequently.

In terms of a colour - I am choosing red. I would like to be brave and bold and red stands for courage. I don’t think this is incompatible with grace - I need both.

In terms of my closet like many others I feel as though it is in good shape. I have a couple of sneaker updates due soon, and I do want a new puffer and blazer.

I don’t intend to change my moniker or style words - (Grown up Charlie’s Angel and bold breezy and elegant). But I want to lean a bit more into the elegant and bold. I added a fair few essentials in 2023 - which of course are always needed- but I would like to add some hero pieces that are both practical and elegant - maybe using texture - to enrich my outfits.

A few specific goals
- tweak my hair - I am not far off but my current cut is not sitting how I want it too.
- look for winter texture - in 2023 I hardly wore any scarves which I had been relying on for winter interest.
- maintaining my current sized wardrobe of around 100 including shoes- but not my gear. This means one in and one out approximately!

That’s all for now.

I have added in a new swimsuit - tracking has shown me how worn my swimsuits are - and I was in a town today with an excellent range so I tried on several and bought one. It is yet to be worn.

Added a couple of pics of where I am right now which is why I have been struggling to think about clothes. But back home in three days and back to work.

This post has 4 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.