Warning! Superlong post!

As we are now in December, I am reviewing my purchases of the year and gathering some thoughts for the new year. For 2022, I set myself 3 goals:

Test a different uniform to work
I have added 4 dresses (2 for the cold and 2 warm seasons), and they have quickly become workhorses for WFH. I look and feel professional but also relaxed as they are very comfortable to wear. I am happy with the current quantity and don't think I will add more but potentially will need to replace the blue one as it is becoming too big. Incidentally, I also tried to build a uniform for leisure activities and the denim shirt has been super useful for different casual outfits, so thank you for posting your outfits with chambray/denim shirts as they inspired me to make this purchase.

Buy more preloved pieces
25% of my 2022 purchases were preloved: some were mistakes which have been quickly resold or donated, others were bargains that stretched the budget a long way (so far, the actual spend is 44% of the full prices). A good example was the white lace blouse which I bought preloved for £20 instead of the full price of £185. I will continue to do so for 2023 since it's not only good for the Planet, but also for my wallet. I am also planning to do more wardrobe edits, i.e. I'd like to shorten the periwinkle tunic to a top.

Add accent pieces
This is a difficult one to review. I think the cardigan/lace blouse/pink jumpsuit and patterned dress could be considered as accent pieces, but when I look at other fabbers, I think there is lots of room for improvement. A faux leather trousers like Runcarla, a funky suit like NuanceDream or a metallic look like Jessicakams are a great inspiration and will try to remember for the next purchases.

I am hoping the sales will reduce the price of certain pieces and hopefully I'll be able to add a pair of navy Chelsea boots and a neutral coat to the wardrobe. I love my black coat but it's getting big and to wear black on daily basis from September to March is a bit depressing. Here's the 2022 data so far:

* Total wardrobe: 84 pieces (18 patterned and 65 solid colours)
8 Bags
5 Jumpsuit
6 Dress
2 Breton Tops
6 Blouse
6 Top
6 Jumper
2 Jeans
5 Jumpsuit
9 Trousers
2 Suit
7 Outwear
8 Sportswear
14 Shoes

* 2022 Purchases: 30 pieces of which 40% replacements due to weight loss, I estimate that even in 2023 the percentage of replacements will be quite high as I continue with the weight loss.
1 Bag
1 Belt
4 Dresses
2 Jumpsuits
4 Tops
2 Knitwear
1 Shoes
2 Trousers
1 Outwear
12 direct replacements

Any suggestions on improvements / additions to add would be much appreciated. I am still trying to create a style moniker, if you have any recommendations, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you for reading this long post