I have done my best to track wears this year, my consistency fell off however, I learned some valuable information in the winter. I was content wearing mostly neutral outfits and color only 2 days/week on average. In December, DD helped with a major closet edit, which has left me with a smaller wardrobe. I am wearing everything except my formal clothes, and have noted that with a hybrid schedule, working two days remote, and three in person, my style has become more casual. Since the weather has become warmer, adding more color to my outfits has become a bigger priority. I am craving light bright lemon/citron, aqua or maybe sea-foam blue/green and it’s even better if the two colors are mixed together. Another color combination I am craving is a mixture of citron with orchid or raspberry. I have a limited selection of these colors in my wardrobe at present….however, I did find a raspberry dress from EF and a citron tee (also EF).

I have rediscovered taupe and oatmeal tones for warm weather.

My purchases so far this year have been very minimal. I am not counting yarn for socks or sweaters. Total items purchased to date = 7.
Two bikinis, two dresses, two tees, one pair of waterproof boots.

After the December closet edit I sent many items to resale at The Real Real. Since DD helped, I split the money earned with her and even so, the proceeds have paid for my 2022 purchases to date. Any additional purchases will come from my clothing budget.

I have been more critically evaluating the fit of my shoes. Too many of my friends, acquaintances and colleagues have developed bunions. I am much less tolerant of tight toe boxes and loose heels. Shoe shopping for the best fit is on the agenda.

I am still trying to improve my ability to mix and match individual pieces in my wardrobe. I think I’m doing a better job, however, I’m sure there is much room for improvement.

When I did my closet edit in December, there were many clothes that were too tight because I have gained weight. I’m not sure if this is Covid weight, or menopausal weight? I have not previously done anything to address the weight, however, I am ready to try. My attitude is more to make sure I am addressing my health more than my weight. I have looked at many options and have decided that I’m going to follow a WFPB diet per How not to Die and How not to Diet by Michael Greger, MD, FACLM. He suggests various herbs, spices and “tweaks” that may be used as and I may add them, however, my goal is long term health. If anyone has tried this, I would appreciate your thoughts.

I found some bright citron yarn and have a summer knitting project in mind.

Here is a picture of me in casual clothes. Barrel style pants from Veronica Beard with the citron EF tee and TNF hoodie.

This post has 2 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.