The year is almost done and also my shopping. I will post about what I consider “successful “ 2021 purchases separately. This one is about my mistakes. I’m not getting rid of the items I will review below. They are staying and I will wear them. They are just not living up to my expectations. I hope as always to learn from failures. And maybe some of you will find it useful or at least entertaining.
1. Zara white jeans. I initially ordered my size but they were too tight. I sized up and got it tailored. They fit fine for a day and then stretch out for a half a size. For someone who likes to wear jeans loose, it’s not a big deal. But I like “hugging “, tighter fit. These are the only jeans I put in a dryer. Lesson: no sizing up in jeans.
2&3. Club Monaco linen mix sweaters. The neck line was wider than my favorite crew neck style. I saw it but I desperately searched for nice casual linen sweaters and ignored this flaw. It stretched even more now and became slightly scooped neck. Lesson: must be patient and picky.
4. BR cardigan. Nice color, not bad fit but… It is not me. I struggle to style it, feels too “cottage “ and bulky. Not showed here is another item from this category - Aritzia cream Sherpa liner jacket. I wore it once and sold it. Lesson: Think before jumping on a trend wagon.
5. JCrew cotton striped sweater. I wanted a cotton sweater for fall and really like this knit. Stripes are beige not cream and black is true black. But I got completely confused with JCrew sizing. I ordered a striped cotton t-shirt in S and it was oversized. Not my intention with that t-shirt but OK. So based on that, I ordered this sweater in S. It fits but I wanted more of an oversized look. Exchanging it for a bigger size (who knows how it would fit) was not feasible due to shipping costs. Lesson: sometimes I just need to let go of something that is so close to perfect.
So, here are my failures for the year. I would be interested to read if someone else decided to shape their success and failure stories.

This post has 5 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.