I am late to the goal-setting party, but wanted to post here for accountability.

January - I did a big edit. I got rid of older, thrifted experiments that never worked out. I also tried on all the pieces in my holding zone and let go of any I had an immediate "ugh" reaction to. 20 items out, so far. My wardrobe still feels bloated (to me) but, aside from a handful of orphans that I am on the fence about, I actually LIKE the pieces that remain. I want to be careful about what I edit from here.

I am toying with the idea of adding more transitional pieces to my
high-season swaps in an effort to reduce the feeling of overwhelm. My
tops, bottoms, outerwear, and toppers total 135 pieces, but that spans
all 4 seasons and includes loungewear (excluding workout gear,
sleepwear, accessories). Currently, only the high-season items get switched out; everything else is in my closet year- round. The reality is I am unlikely to wear things like short sleeved tees in the winter, regardless of how many layers I put on top of them, so maybe refactoring here will help. I plan to make this my focus for Feb/Mar.

So, for 2021 goals:

Sustainability:
I want to make more effort to buy from sustainable (to me) companies. I
figure the prices of these items (combined with my set budget) will help slow my rate of acquisition. And, the quality is often superior, meaning pieces will last longer and my future churn rate should slow. I hope...

Shop small:
I want to continue shopping secondhand and small etsy makers. I have scored some great, unique finds this way - BUT - I have to be REALLY
careful.  I can easily get caught up in the thrill of the hunt, and end up with non-returnable pieces that don't fit my body or my lifestyle. Like the two-piece crimson red pantsuit I *nearly* bought a few weeks ago... OMG it was GORGEOUS, but really, when the heck would I EVER wear it?

Satisfactory:
I get hung up on creating perfect, pinterest-worthy capsules. I need to let go of the notion that every. single. piece. needs to mix and match with every. single. other. piece.

Stop duplicating (Sal's "Power of One"):
I have a bad habit of duplicating when I really shouldn't. It sometimes benefits me for essentials... but, I often end up with too much sameness, get bored, then shop when I don't need to.

Summer
Lastly, I want to build a mixable high summer capsule. I had this as a goal for last year, but never focused on it.  I have very few pieces that are comfy in hot, humid weather and I don't like my legs bare... this makes summer shopping a challenge. I hope to find a handful of separates in lightweight, natural fabrics that will get me through a few months of hot, humid, buggy weather.  I have a couple of things on order from Outerknown. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far (and if you didn't, that's ok, too)!