Just to update (and keep myself honest maybe?), after nearly a year of barely shopping for clothes I found myself with the wantsies. Suddenly everything Old Navy and even SportChek (?) was advertising to me on Instagram looked AMAZING somehow. But I had been hoping to get away from fast fashion and start buying mostly local/ethical clothing when I actually need to again. Anyway, I remembered I had asked my husband for gift certificates to a local store (https://envelopstudio.myshopify.com/) for Christmas and my birthday. The owner/designer makes beautifully tailored shirts. I have one and it's been a favourite for close to 10 years, even through some weight & body changes. It's a huge step up in quality & detail compared to most of my items. He also carries some complementary cheaper items he doesn't make. I've been struggling with what to do about leggings to wear around the house after my old ones finally wore out: local and sustainable versions are very pricey, but I just feel no corresponding additional joy from looking at them the way I do with better quality "real clothes". So I rationalized a bit and using my gift certificate chose one of the in-house tailored shirts on sale, along with two pairs of fleece leggings and some pull on ponte pants. I have money leftover to check out his spring collection, or go in when stores reopen to try on some of the jersey stuff I'm not familiar with (again, jersey basics don't give me joy the way a nice shirt does, but knowing his work they may have potential).
His stock photos aren't very good unfortunately but here is the shirt I chose.

This post has 1 photo. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.

I clicked on the link and loved the Wine on the Porch classification! The shirt looks great, and it’s nice to have some reliable basics.

Quite a beautiful shirt!

Love the shirt!