Carla, you gave me my morning laugh....soapbox rant duly noted!

I should show it to Mr. Suz. He's been wearing sweatpants NON STOP since we moved to the Island.....

Suz and Brooklyn, I haven’t bought gear for 5 years, although I got trail shoes a few years ago. Brooklyn and I can hold the title of Least Gear -Wearing Person on YLF together

I threaten to throw out my husband’s hoodies and sweats if I start seeing them too often . That usually gets him going

I totally get it. In the last several months, I've gone through a course of physical therapy, plus started Pilates and returned to dance class. All of this stuff requires gear, and I found that my limited stash was not enough, especially for winter. And with not having to go out as much due to virus restrictions, there's no need to change out of the gear after the activity, so I think it's really important for your gear items to fit properly and make you as happy as possible, because you'll be wearing them a long time. As long as you're using all of it and it's making you feel great, I think you've done a fine job.

You developped a great capsule and it is very interesting to read that you track your gear purchases as part of your health budget, it makes total sense! I think I will try it for my 2021 budget and wishlist.

I can understand how 'gear' may be applied to the 'healthcare' category because, for me at least, it transcends the concept of just 'clothing' into a tool. Like any good tool, it should disappear into the background so that it isn't the main focus of your activity. I don't mean in terms of colour or style (I think no one is surprised to find out I have a yellow gym top lol) but rather, comfort - there's nothing worse than going on a hike, only to find that you're spending more time adjusting your waistband than focusing on the hike itself!

Anyway, I suppose this line of thinking will be affected by how often you use said items & how (e.g. if exercising is an 'event' for you or integrated into times between your daily life errands). In HK, life is more back to the 'previous normal' than in other places so, whilst I can still WFH, I can also go to the gym (making exercise more of an 'event' for me than, say, someone who is still exercising solely at home, in between work calls & cooking). There's no one right way