moving away from a playful feminine retro vibe with clear, punchy colors and pops of red towards a more fluid, natural, comfy casual aesthetic with a deeper, more muted color story. My go to neutral has ended up being slate gray, with lots of burgundy, ink, forest/spruce green and some olive complementing it.

Tops and Tees:

-light to mid-weight tees in deep solid colors (burgundy, ink, chocolate, mustard, emerald),3/4 sleeve, scoop or wide jewel neck, to wear under sweaters

- light weight drapey linen tees and printed tees to wear with jeans and crops

- crisp button downs to wear to work
- knit or woven sleeveless top to wear under cardigans at work

Sweaters:
-lightweight natural (Merino or linen) drapey pullover sweaters in dark/neutral colors (charcoal gray,spruce, rust)

- mid-light weight merino cardigans with a twist (polka dots, velvet trim)
-lightweight linen or linen blend cardigans for summer to wear over sleeveless tops and dresses

Dresses: usually only wear in summer or very casually in winter when I can wear leggings with them, because I can no longer deal with tights

-Knit fit and flare dresses (scoop, V or surplice neck) in solids (i have one striped one that is great!)
-Knit A- line shift dress in a neutral solid
-matte jersey wrap dress in a solid or busy pattern for date night, more formal occasions

Pants: really must have pockets unless they're leggings
-skinny jeans in denim & a neutral (neutral colored jeans to work)
-boyfriend and/or straight jeans for casual summer wear
-comfortable straight twill trousers in neutral or bright
-cropped twill or khaki trousers for summer(khaki, gray or ink)
-leggings (black or gray) to wear under dresses or long sweaters.

shoes:
-flat chelsea boot (need a sleeker version than my current blundstones)

- comfortable mid-low heeled booties in non-black neutral

-dansko clogs for work
-metallic sandals
-round toe ballet flats in black, skin tone and jewel tone
-comfortable casual flat or fashion sneaker

jewelry:
-interesting stud earrings
-longer length pendant or Y necklaces to weight down drapey tops
-colorful / shiny bracelets

makeup:
-tinted moisturizer with SPF
-burts' bees lip balm in black dahlia
-RMS highlighter
-eyebrow pencil
-bronze shadow stick
-eyelash curler

Thinking about what wardrobe elements are essential to me has been a really useful enterprise

I'm planning a move this year, so it's definitely time to divest myself of clothing that I haven't been wearing.

In the last 5 years my style has definitely shifted, from an attempt at a slightly boho feminine modern retro aesthetic toward more of a comfy casual natural modern look with some boho/RATE elements that can veer towards schlumpfy.
Given upcoming life changes, I'm trying to do a year of no-shopping, but thinking about what I really need, or want to wear, I should be looking for a pair of versatile trousers that make me feel great, replacing my worn out layering tees (I have many duplicates but wear them nearly daily, and some are more than 10 years old) and maybe getting one more work appropriate dress.
My summer work wardrobe is pretty meh, but as I'm moving and changing jobs this summer, I'd like to wait to completely refresh it until next year.