Carole I love your capsule - I especially like that B&W print top! Having the photos does help and with our trip to Cape Hatteras in late August, I'll be able to pack in a New York minute I love scarves because they can change an outfit so quickly and inexpensively.

What did you wear on the plane? That is the part I am struggling with currently.

Love the concept. I think you've chosen excellent pieces to make this happen, have fun with it! It's interesting to see the thread develop and anxiously awaiting updates.

Here is today's outfit. Thinking I should have worn a cami underneath, but then I didn't take off my trench (black one) while running errands. Sorry about the photo quality...I was using my phone camera. Jeans, white button down top, "hermes-like" scarf, black trench, driving shoes, beige purse. (and my reading glasses, forgot to take them off)! I like the concept of this outfit more than the actual result. But then that may be a body issue

OK, back to fixing the loo seat...hate it when they get loose!

This post has 1 photo. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.

StacyJo-I got the black and white sleeveless top at Kohl's.

I wore a top similar to the top shown here. It was Trouve from Nordstrom with a sleeveless tank underneath, my Michael Kors zippered leggings, metallic Born Lovely flats and my favorite scarf (that I wore to death on my trip) from Kohl's by Vera Wang. I also wore my black trench to save it from being wrinkled to death in the suitcase. I actually was wearing this scarf heading out for the day on our trip to Paris and a women in front of us on the sidewalk was wearing the exact same scarf. What are the chances of that?!?

This post has 4 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.

LOVE that scarf! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! And your outfit - looks like that would be a great airflight outfit.

Way to go. I love reading stories like this.

Hadn't had many occassions to use my capsule over the past 6 days. I've been helping hubster with a project, got a new four legged member of the family, and have been studying for the landscaper license. However, today, hubster and I are going to meet some potential new clients, take yard measurements and discuss what they want to do with their backyard. So I am thinking that since it is sunny and warm finally, I will be going to the meet up in the denim pants, indigo blouse, B&W scarf, beige jacket, boots and red purse. Comfy enough to take measurements yet professional enough for meeting people. Will take photo later on how it turned out.

Loved your last pic update!

I'm so impressed that you're still doing this. I hope it's going well and you'll post more photos soon!

Update: The experiment is going well I think. However, over the last week (again), not many occassions to rotate my capsule due to working with the hubster (work jeans, hiking boots, t-shirt and sun hat - I will not inflict gnashing of teeth with photos of those outfits ). I think going into this last week, I'll be able to use it more. Also, rescued a cutie chihuahua and have been working with him on commands, shoring up the fence in the back yard. Once I get him to um, stop bouncing around like an energizer bunny, I'll post a photo of our little brainiac

Like yellowgirl, I am strangely attracted to this concept. I like your self-imposed austerity. I cannot bring myself do it because I fear "needing" something. As if I couldn't run for my wool sweater if it went down to 30 degrees in July ! ; )

I don't think that I could do 10, maybe 30 - though I am overwhelmed by the amount of clothes that I have and I love it all ( as a result of YLF ) that I don't know if I could actually choose something. Dressing is also the only thing that I really do for me without years of planning and a lawyer...........

Isabel, would love to work with you on this if and when you decide to take the plunge...it is actually quite fun and saves time in the morning. (A big thing with me...as I LOVE my sleep time LOL).

StacyJo, what a generous and kind offer, thank you !

I also LOVE my sleep time, that about clinches it for me !

Sorry to hear it hasn't been going well re work rotation. Sounds like your rescued pup is a fireball. My dog is almost at the end of her life and they sure change over their lifetimes from fireball to prone statue don't they?

For me I think this idea of yours would work better in the dead of winter. Not so many temperature changes then.

Freckles, you have a very good point there. I think with the transition hubster and I are going through (working together and me launching my own side business), it's been hit or miss. However, I will say that the capsule itself is working fine, it's mainly been a matter of switching gears at the last minute because there is no way I'd wear these clothes working on a job site (dust, dirt, sweat, etc).

Results of my experiment: Overall, I think this experiment with my wardrobe came off rather well. Freckles pointed out that it may work better in cooler seasons and I agree. Also, since I'm not in an office anymore at the moment, the capsule was leaning more to polished casual. Will I continue this method of dressing (MOS) - yes. Is it easier to do if you are in an office environment - I think so. Was it FUN? Absolutely!!!

Ended up not wearing the skirt at all as well as some of my shoes. Our weather was a little wacky throughout June, so what I did end up wearing most were the jeans, the knit tops and scarves, when I was not out on customers' sites helping the hubster.

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date with your experiment.

A very interesting thread. The real life choices of items, why they worked, why they didn't work and the end result was riveting.