- Madewell is the latest fashion retailer to join the 15 percent pledge: By the end of 2021, Black-owned brands, artisans, and designers will account for at least 15 percent of the brand’s third-party partnerships, including collaborations.
- Fashion model Stella Tennant has died at the age of 50.
- Have a look at Gucci’s collaboration with The North Face, which will be available on 6 January.
- French designer Pierre Cardin, renowned for this futuristic designs, has passed away at the age of 98.
- From ear make-up to untamed brows, Dazed is predicting these 10 beauty trends will dominate in 2021.
- Pat McGrath is the first-ever make-up artist to be awarded a damehood.
- Belgian designer Martin Margiela, who retired in 2009, is making his comeback as an artist.
- Ultimate Grey and Illuminating (a buttercup yellow) are Pantone’s colours of the year 2021.
- In the UK, sales of thermal clothing have rocketed in response to Covid restrictions.
- These were the top 10 beauty searches on Google in 2020.
Did you know that Pierre Cardin was called “the Napoleon of licensers”: “In a career that lasted more than three-quarters of a century, it was Cardin’s canny business sense that elevated him to a household name. Licensing and affixing his name — and often just initials — on to everyday items such as pens, clocks, trousers and shoes, and later hotels, perfumes and restaurants, he became a branding pioneer, bringing the inaccessible world of high fashion to the masses and with it, a steady stream of revenue.”