Just messing around in my closet tonight - and found three items (a dotty top, a dotty dress, and a pencil skirt) that can technically be used to make six different outfits.

Of course, if I included all of my toppers and could swap out different dresses and different tops, I would in theory, have infinite combinations of clothes to wear.

I have realized though - I don't like most of these combinations, and I would never wear them out of the house. This is why in theory, I could make 6 outfits out of 3 items, I never would.

Pic #1 - Dotty top!

Pic #2 - Outfit #1 - Dotty top + pencil skirt = I can see this working, with a black cardigan or maybe my red blazer

Pic #3 - Outfit #2 - Dotty dress + dotty top = I can see this working too; with a simple necklace or earrings. Pic #4 -
detail of layering which I surprisingly don't mind; not usually my cuppa tea, but the dots match enough, I think.

Pic #5 - Outfit #3 - Dotty top + dotty dress as skirt = just tied the top and tucked it in; not too bad, same theory as Pic 3 and 4, same dots, just reversed. Pic #6 -
Dotty top + dotty dress as skirt = not too noticable that it's tied :p

Pic #7 - Outfit #4 - Dotty dress solo = not something I'd wear. I don't like the neckline and bare shoulders. I'd pair with a jean jacket or a cardigan before wearing :p

Pic #8 - Outfit #5 - Dotty dress + pencil skirt = not something I'd wear without a topper, same reason as outfit #4

Pic #9 - Outfit #6 - Dotty dress + dotty topper + dotty skirt = maybe for someone who likes ALGO? This just hurts my eyes :p

I think this is why a fully integrated "capsule" would never work for me - the aesthetics of what I like is too different. That being said, these three pieces can make three outfits I'd wear as is, and five outfits I'd wear with the addition of a jacket or a cardigan! I guess that's still pretty good girl math!

SOURCES:

• Multicoloured necklace: Anthropologie
  • Gold necklace: Ricki's
  • Dotty top: Sunny Girl (AUS)
  • Pencil Skirt: Anthropologie
  • Dotty dress: Anthropologie
  • Red belt: Anthropologie
  • Pumps: Le Chateau

This post has 9 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.