I took a day trip to Princeton with a couple of friends today to get my mind off of stuff, and we stopped in a little boutique that was having a sale. I won't be able to return either of these so hopefully they can work, or at least be made to work...

The first is a cream dress with a gold lace overlay and black trim. I thought it was perfect for the jazz festival, my friends loved it, the shop girl loved it, and so I bought it. Now of course doubts are settling in. I didn't realize how much it balloons in the back, probably as a result of my short-waistedness. Is this alterable, or is it not that bad?

The second dress was cute and that is really my only reason for buying it.

I also got this little beaded bag at the flea market yesterday which should do nicely for the jazz festival, but now I think it's probably too small. No idea how women used to rely on these back in the day. Luckily it was only $5.

This post has 5 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.