Today I was wondering if I was getting more boring with my clothing choices, but I feel more of the 'happiness factor' Angie talked about a few days ago when I wear or imagine wearing my new goodies!

I am trying to take a better look at my spending habits this year; and I thought I'd take a look at these 10 things to see if I can discern any patterns. In addition to generally being happier, I am spending about the same amount of money on less things - and I often imagine new ways to wear my favorite things instead of thinking about ways to replace things once I've gotten them! :p

1) Less weird patterns - the only real patterned thing that is weird is #2 with the flamingos - but even that is in a more subtle colour (white/navy).

2) More mixability in pieces - #7 and #8 have proved to me that they are easy to mix already, and #4 is just super fun to wear with any of my tops. #1 hasn't arrived yet so I cannot fully attest to its mix ability, but I thought it was quite cute ... :p #10 just totally jazzes up my casual wardrobe (as small as it is). Also; easy to pattern mix most of these patterns!

3) More expensive pieces - #5 is my first Eva Franco, but I've had my eye on it for forever since Quinn on Glee wore it! Also; I hear good things about Darling UK, so I bit the bullet for #3. Grabbed them then both on clearance ($70 for #5 and $40 for #3).

4) More regular price things - I never buy things at regular price if you had asked me 3 years ago. I would LOL at people who buy regular price. Now, I realize I miss out the WHOLE SEASON when I could just buy one or two things and then wear them all the time! #1, #7, #8 are all regular price.

5) Less 'exciting' colours - and no pastels. I went on a pastel kick in early university and EVERYTHING was light pink. BLEH. I like coral or peach, but that's about it for pastels for me. Cobalt is pretty exciting, though

**Disclaimer: #1, 2, 3, and 5 are still at the post office and I need to liberate them with their stupid fees. GAH.

Do any of you ladies see any other patterns I can use (for good or for evil) so I can make wiser purchase decisions in the future?

This post has 10 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.