- Shrill star Aidy Bryant is branching out into the world of fashion with a curvy clothing collection called ‘Pauline’.
- Target is reissuing pieces from 20 years of designer collaborations.
- Nordstrom has launched ‘Sustainable Style’, an online shopping destination where you can shop products from brands that have made a commitment to sustainability.
- Universal Standard has added footwear to its inclusive line-up.
- A coalition of 32 of the world’s largest fashion groups and brands has published a manifesto to improve green credentials.
- Ralph Lauren is getting his own fashion documentary on HBO.
- Fashion designer Isabel Toledo, who created Michelle Obama’s outfit for the 2009 presidential inauguration, has passed away at age 59.
- Luxury chain Barneys New York has filed for bankruptcy.
- Nike has launched the ‘Nike Adventure Club’, a subscription service for childrens shoes.
- This Fall, the Westminster Menswear Archive is staging the most extensive exhibition in the UK devoted to menswear.
Fun Fashion Quote
“I remind myself that beauty stuff is for fun, and none of it is obligatory. I spent so much of my life in a toxic relationship with my physical appearance — my body shape and size, in particular. What I love about doing skincare and makeup is that it never felt motivated by the self-loathing and panic that drove my disordered behavior with food and exercise (which I’m now thankfully recovered from). If anything, beauty rituals affirm my self-acceptance. It’s a habit that puts me face-to-face with myself in the mirror every day, urging me to look on my 35-year-old face, with all its divots and freckles and slowly but surely emerging laugh lines. I don’t feel the need to fix that girl– she’s a real lady, after all. But it feels good to take care of her.”