- New make-up brand Grace is making mascara wands more accessible for people with disabilities.
- Here’s a look at Jason Wu’s Spring collection for Eloquii.
- Calvin Klein is closing its ready-to-wear business.
- Amazon has launched its first skincare line with everything priced under $40.
- Zara is introducing a customization service that let’s you embroider your name onto denim clothing.
- Good American is bringing out a brand new size in women’s jeans: size 15 — which is being called a solution for ‘size in-betweeners.’
- Kohl’s has launched a new women’s plus-size private label brand: EVRI.
- The Guardian reports that sales of anti-pollution make-up are soaring.
- Reformation and Madewell are jumping into the sustainable swimwear market.
- New York City has launched a campaign to keep unwanted clothes out of landfills.
- Anthropologie is adding sizes 16W-26W to their range of apparel offerings
Interesting Fashion Quote
“You know, it’s interesting: I absolutely love that look, but it’s not actually my look. Whenever I do press or have my picture taken, people just tend to style me that way. And I do think it has to do with size. I think folks can have such a hard time imagining that fat women can be beautiful that they think the way to make it happen is to over-style them. When it comes to beauty for fat women, it has to be this super exaggerated hyper-femininity. I’m always styled like ‘old Hollywood glamour.’ I have this fantasy about going to a photoshoot and having them say, ‘We’re gonna do a natural look. And you’re not going to wear a bombshell, pin-up dress. We have this weird smock for you.’ I dream of someone saying that to me. Just put me in a smock and do something weird with my face! Fat women don’t really get to be glamorously androgynous, you know?”