We’re heading into the final weekend of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. The ladieswear area can get confusing. By popular demand, here is a rundown of the various departments:
- Women’s Active stocks sports gear like Nike, Adidas and the North face.
- Encore carries everything from sportswear to occasion attire from sizes 14W to 24W.
- Petite Focus specializes in clothing for women 5′ 4″ and below from sizes 0P to 14P.
- B.P. stands for “Brass Plum” and caters to teenagers and youngsters. Styles are small, hip and cheap. You can absolutely shop here if you’re in your 30’s, 40’s and 50’s if you have the body type, spunk and skill to select the right pieces.
- Point of View stocks affordable, mainstream and fashionable casual and careerwear in regular sizes under labels like Karen Kane, Caslon, Esprit, Semantics and Michael Kors.
- Individualist is a step up from Point of View in both fashion and price point. Here you’ll find ultra sophistication in better-end fabrications and labels like Trina Turk, Theory, Hugo Boss and Laundry.
- Savvy is for the fashion savvy and small framed. This is where you’ll find the hottest trends under labels like Marc Jacobs, L.A.M.B, Diane von Furstenberg, Nanette Lepore and True Religion. Stocks here are limited to keep the look exclusive.
- Narrative is a mish mash department. It stocks fashionable dresses and coats and traditional separates with roomier fits. Price points are good and it’s always worth looking here for that unexpected bargain.
- T.B.D. is an urban and denim focused area. You’ll find all the of the moment expensive denim brands like Free People, Citizens of Humanity, Paige and 7 for all Mankind.
- Studio 121 is where you’ll find eclectic and luxe brands at high price points like Eileen Fisher, Misook, Faconable and Lafayette. The area is aimed at a mature shopper.
- St. John houses the beautiful brand itself for the ultra classic women.
- Special Occasion stocks dazzling evening attire.
- Via C is the where you’ll find extremely expensive designer wear like Dolce & Gabbana , Jill Sander, Cavalli, Chanel and Gucci. Expect to part with lots of pretty pennies when you purchase from these collections.
Nordstrom covers a range of fashion personas and price points. Unlike Saks, Barneys and Neiman Marcus, there are affordable departments for ladies on a tight budget. Let us know about your favorite departments, and have fun shopping the sale!