More weekend casual looks -- mostly because without my teenage photographer it's difficult to get photos of my weekday looks. These two outfits are very similar. A formula.
- AT silk blouse (navy, cream, taupe)
- BR leopard clutch
- AT cream pleather jacket
- INC black ponte knit pants
- Me-too 3-inch black suede booties
pic 2 & 3:
- same jacket, same pants, same clutch
- red pashmina
- BR striped long sleeve sweater, half tucked
- nine west brown pleather wedge tall boots
- daughter's brown belt
Comments/ questions/ concerns:
1) I have been looking for just the RIGHT striped top for awhile now. What do you think? I got a lot of compliments when I wore this one. The top is very cozy and comfy, and it makes me happy. Stripes tend to be difficult for me because they'll pull funny across the chest. Does this one work okay? I also usually don't wear crew necks. I tried this on in the version that is black and white (imagine the colors reversed) and that didn't seem to work for me. It seemed to work better with the white near my face instead?
2) The striped top is quite long. I think it works half-tucked here, but how else can I wear it? I am thinking of wearing it with a pencil skirt, but it will hit just above crotch?
3) The clutch: I bought this same time as the striped top. I saw it on the BR site and immediately thought it would fulfill my desire for a day clutch, in leopard. (I now have a clutch, booties, and belt in leopard). But as the SA was ringing it up, she said it was an ipad case?? That's not what I bought it for! I am using it here as a clutch. Does it work or do I look silly?
4) Big question: Did I go overboard with the pattern mixing in pic 1?? There's pattern in the blouse and the clutch.. too much?? I wasn't sure. I have worn this blouse with a leopard belt OR leopard booties, but that is more "small doses." The clutch is a bigger dose, and closer to the top. Too much?
5) Either outfit would have worked fine with dark blue denim skinnies, but I felt like wearing the black ponte knits instead this weekend.
This post has 3 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.
If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.