So sorry Deb, he's a fool imo. Hang in there & yes a good lawyer is the way to go.

He simply doesn't deserve you. Men can be such stupid asses!!

Take care of yourself Deb.

Oh Deb, I am so very sorry... Sending love and hugs. I hope you find some solace in your puppy!

I don't know how I missed this post until now. I can only echo what everyone else has said. What a horrible discovery for you. I am so very sorry. But I'm very glad you will have a pup (and a lawyer) to confide in.

Gosh, life is difficult sometimes. Now there's an understatement.

We are here if you need to vent.

Deb, I'm so sorry you are having to go through such a hurtful experience. Big hugs and glad you are taking steps to care for and protect yourself.

Deb, I am so sorry you have to go through this. Heart-wrenching is an understatement I would think. Hugs to you and wishing you strength to come through this as untouched as possible.
You are a strong and amazing person and deserve all the real love in this world, not this!
Puppy sounds like the best thing right now!

Words cannot express what I am feeling right now. You are in my heart and thoughts. If there is anything I can do, please send me a personal message. I am a great listener and I've been there in the past. A puppy will help. Friends will help. Talking about it helped me (although it took me many months to "want" to talk about it). Be gentle with yourself above all else.

Good grief. More hugs from me Deb.

Oh wow. How hurtful. You will come through it. Best to you.

You have nothing to loose, but he'll regret his little affair all his life, hugs!

Deb, I so wanted to post when I first read this, but wasn't able to because of some tech issues. I'm so sorry and sad to read this. As others have said, he was really stupid and shortsighted and, when he wakes up and comes to his senses, will regret this for the rest of his life. I'm glad a new pup is in your near future; that's a very lucky dog.

Take good care of yourself.

Stunned into silence. What utter idiocy on that man's part.

Sending warmth and energy. Tell us more about the fluffy corgis?

So sorry to hear this Deb. You deserve better. An attorney and new pup sound like the right moves. Hope you take Mary on her offer for a visit when you can!

I am so sorry, Deb.

So sorry at this disruption of your life. Hugs

I don't know what to say....how devastating. Your attitude however will carry you through. That and your new loyal puppy. Hugs.

Oh, I am so sorry. This is devastating news, and I admire your resolve. It may be quite a good idea to exchange one "dog" for another - as you said, one is certainly much more loyal than the other. Be gentle with yourself, and above all, remember that his actions are a commentary on HIM, and not on you.

Deb, I'm so sorry to hear this. You don't deserve it. Best of luck for the coming difficult conversations.

Oh, I am so sorry. I have been through this with friends and family and it is hard. Surround yourself with support and positive energy and be gentle with yourself. I am very late seeing this post so I don't know if you will see this but I recommend the book 'After the Affair' (though it is more for those who choose to stay together). Hugs to you.