WOW - this is great! My favorite is absolutely #5 and the color is suits you sooo good! Noone else seems to agree, but I find the jacket a tad too big from behind. I might be wrong!

But at what occations would you wear this? (sorry, I'm not that bold with colors!!)

Hello Suz Fuchsia Suit! It's so nice to meet you and, like Mary Lou, I'm screaming with delight on this one. Did you say you PAID $20 for this suit??? I can't believe it and we MUST set up a date to go shopping together! I'd wear this suit as is, however, the only tailoring I might be inclined to recommend is the tapering of the ankle of the pants and/or thigh a bit, as you said, to give it a pencil leg look. This fuchsia color is so wonderful on you Suz and I would love to find something like your suit. My inspiration photo isn't even close, but I've had it a while now. One question, possibly OT, for Jonesy or anyone else with slouchy pants experience (thinking of your floral pair you wore to the Chicago meet-up, Jonesy), how is the "backside" or "butt area" supposed to look on really slouchy pants? I have a pair and the backside all the way through the back of the thighs is really drapey and loose.

This post has 2 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.

OMG, LOVE it, Vicki!!

And I hope Jonesy will chime in and instruct us here on the fit.

Suz! I love this. You look fantastic in the suit and I can just see that you love it and that is what fashion is all about. I seem to be in the minority here but I love all three pieces together. You, like me, are not afraid of color and you rock this look. I think its definitely fab and worth much more than the $20 you paid. Yay for you

I jumped here from the separates post, so what I say might be already answered, but I think the pants might work as is (are?), with a tucked in shirt. Anyway, I love the color, love the pieces and now must see how they look as separates.

Oh wow! #5-6 are STUNNING! Love the Mandarin collar on you--so dramatic with your coloring. The jacket fits nice but it hides that amazing collar! Only you could pull this off, Suz! WOW!

Suz, I haven't read all the comments yet but I am guessing this suit is getting a lot of love:)

The color is fabulous and the fit looks amazing... and it looks very current to me.
I off to look at your other post to check out your styling options.

LOVE the jacket and the blouse - those are 10's!!! Woohooo! Stunning on you, Suz. LOVE!!

That said, the trousers look dated to my eye - and spoil the line of the suit. Sorry to be a mare :(. They either need to be passed on, or altered quite considerably to look *modern*. I vote shorten and taper the lot. Take in on the seat too. This is not an easy alteration, so be sure to get a quotation first!

Interesting. I was thinking something was making this feel dated, but I was not sure what. Angie has apparently diagnosed the problem. Perhaps try a fab pair of patterned pants that pick up the pink, or turn it into a color blocking opportunity, also for a modern twist?

Suz, this is easily the thrifting find of the year. Also possibly the YLF suit of the year (both as twp-piece and three-!) SPECTACULAR suit! That colour with your hair and that collar on your swan neck, the peplum-y blouse back hem, the slouchy pants... sigh!!! And mind you, I'ma recovering colour-phobe

Call this a mad idea, but could the pants be lengthened instead of shortened? I wonder if Angie would think that worth considering as a 'slouchy pants' option for this suit --- I rather like the slouchiness and feel it would lose character a little without that...

Chiming in late but...

Love the top
Love the blazer

Dislike the pants (sorry). They are really baggy around your hips - they don't follow the contours of your body at all. Not sure how much alteration is possible on these.

Suz! You look AMAZING in this. The colour, the fit around your waist, the mandarin collar is gorgeous on you, and I love the monochrome!

Okay, the length/cut of the pants is kind of dated. Your options are to either flaunt that in a fashion-irony way (which can totally work, especially with edgy shoes) or to see what tailoring can do. I think you could get away with either option.

And for being one of the rare people who spells "fuchsia" correctly? I heart you. ^_^

Nice color..looks very trendy...;)

You've heard a thousand excellent opinions on this suit by this time but I just wanted to nominate you for thrift find of the year! Where I live the thrift stores are positively horrid, I must come down to your city... $20 for just the top is beyond unbelieveable. WTG.

p.s. Are my eyes deceiving me or is the model, on the far left, in the light blue silk trousers (of Jonesy's photo), similar in silhouette to yours? I'm still attempting to discern the differences, however small in what works and what doesn't in proper slouch attitude.

Hi Suz, Sorry to be so late to this party, but I just had to comment.
First of all, I officially invite you to the next opera soirée!

I think you made a fantastic find, and I love your pant suit!
The jacket is over-the-top fabulous! LOVE!
I prefer the top worn separately, but I think it looks great on you.
The pants obviously are more problematic, but my 2¢ worth is to narrow the hips through the thighs a little, and maybe let the hem down a little if possible, and I think they'll be terrific. The alterations may not be nearly as expensive as some people fear.

And I second Fruitful in commending you on your spelling of fuchsia!
signed,
a stickler

Hi Suz --

What a statement find for a pittance!

The color is amazing on you -- while I think all 3 have potential for me, the top is the standout in terms of fit/shape and "Suzness."

[I actually don't care for the top + jacket together -- personally that's a bit too much pink and shiny in one place for me -- but think all the other pairings could be very fun.]

The pants + top combo give me a real Socialites of the 60s-70s Doing Resort vibe which I have to admit I've always rather adored.

Photo 1: Babe Paley
Photo 2: Kirsten Dunst doing CZ Guest
Photo 3-4: Jackie O

Since you and I share similar calf/ankle issues, I hope you're not offended when I say the pants length looks better than I would have thought.

I know you said you can't go slimmer in the lower leg but I actually prefer the existing fit (width) on we muscular calf types...I find it elongating and flattering. Maybe hem to a touch shorter? I agree with comments upthread that they are a bit wide along the outside hip but rear view doesn't have much bag and sag to me. These babies don't have stretch, after all...one needs room to move!

This post has 4 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.

Vix, thank you for those visuals! They are exactly what I was thinking, too, looking at the pants...

And I appreciate your understanding about the calf issue. These may not be "current" but if they suit my body type better than some current looks, perhaps (for the twice a year I would wear them) it does not matter. I am willing to look dated INTENTIONALLY, if you know what I mean.

Still, I'm going to ask about the cost of narrowing down the sides and shortening a couple of inches. If it won't be astronomical, it might be worth it.

I love those images, Vix! And Suz, I get it about looking intentionally dated! You are going to enjoy wearing this outfit for sure

I love all three peices Suz. I agree that a little taper and crop on the pants might work best but thinkt his is such a fa cloro on you, an amazing find and will give you so much pleasure and fun filled memories as you style and wear!

Suz, I add my compliments to every one else's here. You made a real deal! This looks great on you (my, not just great: splendid), especially the Mandarin collar, it suits you beautifully across the shoulders and at the waist. It looks stunning with the matching bottom colour. For this, I would really try to arrange the pants, even if it is a bit more costly than a regular alteration. Because it's not just the pants, but the added value from the pants with the Mandarin top, and that outfit in itself is outstanding, unique, and fits you so well.

I was thinking: how about adding ankle slits as you narrow the legs and take in the seat?

Or: go for the wider leg look. Nothing but a slight rise of the leg hem. So to make it less tapered, more oriental looking. Perfect with platforms. However with this option, although I think it would look great with the Mandarin top alone, I suspect it wouldn't be the best with the jacket, given the jacket's shape and, most important, the jacket's length.

Nevertheless, you could wear it together with the top and another topper, such as a long trendy cardi (I'm thinking one of those round hem ones, long enough in the back to cover the behind, like this one http://www.etsy.com/listing/58.....t-cardigan)

In any case you have many options in front of you. Can't wait for more pics!

Suz have you had a chance to look at the tailoring costs/idea yet?