What a Year it has been.

The old song playing on repeat in my head is WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES...

10 days into 2020 Zi’Joy was paralyzed with a little know virus that affects the Spinal Column called AFM Acute Flaccid Myelitis only affecting new born babies to teens worldwide. She is 1 in 1,000,000 that is still shaping her journey.

Then Covid hit Then Work from home restrictions. The civil unrest the hospital visits and OT & PT therapy sessions. The Shutting down of my beloved city Chicago then the world. The fight for equality and Black Lives matter the protest. The closing of Theaters.

It was all so heavy.

Then the personal victories

Being able to move her legs then lift them then stand then walk then run. The birthdays that are just a few weeks apart 3 & 46 . The celebrations of milestones Drs never thought possible. Appearing on the Dr. Oz show to Advocate for Children of AFM. The smiling the unity the faith hope and love that is inherent in all 3 year olds. Teaching her mama to see miracles daily and to fight and find courage in the daily journey. Finding my style and becoming a minimalist.

What a YEAR THIS HAS BEEN.

This post has 17 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.