ETA, I just noticed the stranger beaming at me at the J. Crew try-on of the lilac coat. LOL!! She looks like a Jenna Lyons copycat!! And just look at her smile. So much fun. No wonder I bought the coat!

Relaxed Radiance IS the style persona, Suz. It's what you make it. I coined up "Urban Pretty" as my own style moniker or style persona, and my five style adjectives are:

Modern, Crisp, Soft, Retro and Dressy.

(They USED to be: Modern, Crisp, Simple, Bold and Dressy when I was an Urban Prince).

Keep your denim and footwear trendy and you are good to go.

Thank you, Angie. I will mull on it and figure out what the adjectives would be.

what a fabulous year you've had....if I was picking favorites (and i am), they'd be #3 (that dress fits like a glove both figuratively and literally), #6 those jeans and the sweater and shoes that mirror each other, and #12 that giblet, so fab, and it elongates you.

not good at style personas etc....but for what its worth, here's what I see, tailored ease. even at your most casual, tailored is the 1st word that comes to my mind.

Stunning, as always, Suz. I may just have to take your Christmas outfit picture with me the next time I go for a haircut. It's perfect there in my book. I don't know how you do it, but you keep getting better. Every year I think how you've nailed it and then you step it up again the next year.

What about Clean Gamine? I definitely see the gamine piece in there, but there is something else, more polished, that I can't quite find the right qualifier for. Crisp Gamine? Gamine Shine? Whatever the word for it is, I LOVE it!

Maybe Silver Sprite?

Very educational post, Suz. My favorite outfit is #6, with the gorgeous shimmery silver sweater from Club Monaco -- it just resonates with your hair and coloring, perhaps you are Silver Sprite! Am also crazy over your red outfits (I usually don't care for red) and, oh, those red boots should take care of any long winter doldrums.

I am inspired by your example to define my wardrobe colors so that they enhance my appearance, beyond the fact that I just "like" them.

Suz, add me to the list of fans of your hair cut/color. It was a small change, but so BIG, difference. And I noticed my favorite French Sailor shirt among your finds--it is the workhorse of my daily uniform.

What a beautiful woman you are! I love all of your outfits and am a huge fan of your hair. Talk about somebody getting it right!

Gorgeous outfits, all! Agreeing with everyone that your move to silver was genius.

Stunning outfits on you, each and everyone of them

So consistent and beautiful. Each outfit is interesting without ever taking attention from you. 6 and 10 are my favourites, which should not surprise I guess... strong and simple... but each one makes me take notes.

Your look has really evolved dramatically...while still being your 'same' look. I have always loved your posts, Suz, because you document so exquisitely. You show where the leverage was applied and the impact.

I like Relaxed Radiance btw, but have no idea what we're talking about, lol. I bring too much sci-fi to the table for Silver Sprite... you have to either be meaner to be a sprite or more light in your loafers, hehe

Silver sprite makes me think of the Jetsons. Not bad at all but not sure it captures everything I admire about your style. Bold, assured, yet warm? Your look is one a stranger might admire, but not aloof and unapproachable. An the accessible icon?

Ok I will move on. Thank you for the shout out regarding our hair and Yes! I agree - both fashion and feminist, style and political. Style is political. Take back our bodies and why shouldn't we look good (to ourselves at least) while doing it. Why shouldn't we wear our age proudly? Shock a few sensibilities?

Perhaps I am up a bit too early . Happy New Year!

You would look stylish wearing a paper bag and those red booties! Your style has evolved so much this past year. You look so happy and glamorous. Thank you for sharing it all with us.

Oh Suz you are truly an amazing and stylish woman. As always i live reading your post. My favorite would have to be 11 but ylf in everything.

You've great look! I really like #2 #6 #12 #14, but my favourite is number 12!
Have a good year : )

I was just going to comment on the Jenna Lyon's girl in the background. I thought she was part of your shopping party because she's smiling so genuinely! Haha!

I think you've made some really great purchases this year. I love your enthusiasm for trends and willingness to try things that are a little bold or outside your comfort zone. It keeps things fun and light.

I'm glad your hobo bag worked out so well for you. I like all your outfits and can't really pick a favourite.

This is a fun post. One thing I noticed was the drama, either from textures, or colors, or the shape of the garment itself. You have really hit a style groove. And that outfit with the red booties? Wow! My favorite of the hard to pick bunch. I knew you can rock a blue well, but red is just as delightful on you!

I'm trying to catch up on the end-of-year forum Fabness, and this post was a great way to see your evolving style and get some ideas for my own. I love the way your hair has moved you forward and opened up new colors and combinations.

Wow. This was another great year for your style, Suz. Love the hair- a beautiful starting point for all those fab looks. And #11 just stopped me in my tracks. Sequined culottes? Suz? And you own them, well, like a rock star.

It is inspiring to see how one can have a core fashion sensibility and weave new trends and the occasional whim into the mix. Your joy in this leg of your style journey is palpable and contagious. Thanks for sharing.

Nice thinking. And this really said it all for me:
Overall...short grey hair adds a bit of drama/ boldness, which seems to call for greater drama/ boldness in kind.
And silver chic comes to mind...

These are all gorgeous! Your hair is fantastic, and I love how you play with different styles of pants.

Well you know you have inspired me to cut my hair. I love #6 the most. You just look incredibly stylish to me. Silver Sprite indeed!

While you look fab in each picture the two that jumped out at me as RADIANT were #6 and #14. You glow in the silver and burgundy.

Fantastic! I don't know when I've seen a hairstyle change make a more dramatic difference. You've seemed--lifted, somehow. Radiant, defnitely. And I'm with Gingko: #6 is my fav, too--a silvery knockout.