I had some merchandising work to do at the U of M Bookstore today , and working there often means a fair hike from the car. When I am there, regardless of whether it's buying meeting or some merchandising, I don't like looking too dressy or precious - it's not the right environment for it. No mincing around in heels or with clothes that are too uptight. . The beauty of being in my mid-50's (yikes!) is that I really don't worry what others think of how I dress. Not too long ago I would have worried that this looked too costumey . Now? It's my way of making a boyish outfit of skinnies, a blazer, a tshirt and oxfords look , well, like me. Dressing in quiet basics is fine, but on my terms. Insert: skulls, studs, zippers, patent leather, etc etc. The only disappointment I had was that these jeans were this short. I've only worn them twice , and until I unrolled them, I didn't realize they were this length. Oops. Worked fine today ,as showing a bit of skin feminized the look, I think.......

jacket: Smythe
t: Nygard (don't tell anyone- lol) ( a gift)
jeans: Current Elliot
oxfords: Naot
bag: Rebecca Minkoff
earrings (micro crystal studded safety pins) : Rachel Roy

p.s. I am totally in love with this tshirt and may wear it every day.

thanks for looking - comments welcome!

This post has 7 photos. Photos uploaded by this member are only visible to other logged in members.

If you aren't a member, but would like to participate, please consider signing up. It only takes a minute and we'd love to have you.