- Condé Nast is partnering with Amazon to sell Vogue’s September issue online. The telephone-book-thick issue can also be shipped internationally.
- Mad Men fans, today you can bid on 1,385 wardrobe, prop and set pieces from the hit show.
- Here’s a first look at Melissa McCarthy’s clothing line Seven7, available in sizes 4 to 28.
- Saint Laurent has announced plans to start doing couture again, with an exclusive “case by case” approach.
- After filing for chapter 11 banktrupcy in December 2014, dELiA*s is relaunching next week. The brand will focus on denim, graphic T-shirts, and party dresses.
- H&M’s sister brand COS is opening its first stores in Boston and Houston, and plans to open more stores internationally by the end of the year as well.
- Target has overhauled its entire denim line: They are offering 66 new washes, and 20 new fits, and each pair costs under $30.
- Balenciaga has confirmed that it is parting ways with Alexander Wang. The Spring 2016 Balenciaga show during Paris Fashion Week this Fall will be the designer’s last. A new creative director will be announced “in due course”.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that the Havaianas rubber flip-flops are inspired by Japanese zōri, the flat, straw-bottomed sandals traditionally worn by geishas. The Havaianas were originally sold as basic footwear for plantation workers in Brazil. Because they cost only $2 back then, the flip-flops became such a staple that they were added to the Brazilian government’s list of basic necessities used to calculate the cost of living, alongside rice and beans.