Last updated on August 28, 2010
This site is owned and operated by YOULOOKFAB, LLC. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At YouLookFab.com, we want to make your online experience satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Information YouLookFab.com Gathers and Tracks
YouLookFab.com gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our forum, to email a friend, and from participation in polls and surveys:
- Information YouLookFab.com gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does YouLookFab.com divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
YouLookFab.com Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Email notifications: YouLookFab.com gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe for email notifications of new posts. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every notification that points users to the subscription management page.
- Ask Angie: users can send questions to Angie and this requires that they provide their email address. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and to provide answers to the user via return email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
- Comments: Users may comment on blog posts and when they do so they can provide their email address and the URL of their website. this information may be used by Angie to contact the user, but will not be used for any other purpose.
- Share this post: Users can choose to electronically forward a post to someone else by clicking “Share this with other people”. The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
- Polling: We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. YouLookFab.com may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
- Surveys: YouLookFab.com may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our sponsors, advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
- Forum: Users can join the YouLookFab.com forum and have conversations with other members. They can specify a username (required), website (optional), location (optional), occupation (optional) and interests (optional) in their profile and other users will see this information. They also provide their email address in order to register for the forum, but this email address is not visible to other users.
- Custom Profile: Users can build a custom profile that includes a profile picture, personal information and personal preferences. The profile picture is visible to all visitors to the site. The rest of the profile information is only visible to other registered users. We will not share specific information about a user with third parties who are non-members. We will from time to time share aggregated information with our partners.
- Private Messaging: Users can send each other private messages. These messages are stored in the YouLookFab.com database and are not shared with anyone but the sender and the recipient. YouLookFab.com employees might see the contents of the private message database in the course of maintenance and development on the site, but will never share this information with third parties.
Consistent with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
YouLookFab.com tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. YouLookFab.com does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
YouLookFab.com sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
Use of Information
YouLookFab.com uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our site, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out email notifications and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, submit comments. We send out email notifications every weekday (except holidays), and may occasionally send a special newsletter. YouLookFab.com never shares mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
YouLookFab.com creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don’t track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Sharing of the Information
YouLookFab.com uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience’s demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
YouLookFab.com operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic notifications.
- Opting not to participate in the forum.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users.