Nordstrom’s end of Spring and Summer sales are here, just in time for the Memorial Day long weekend in the US. After browsing the designer assortments, these items look interesting. It’s nice to see some items that define the waist for a change.
Generally, designer wear runs smaller than non-designer merchandise and there are far fewer colour options. Items sell out very rapidly during sale time so grab your size chop-chop.
- Rag & Bone 'Vine' Bomber Jacket: A quilted bomber jacket with sporty stripes. It's not as thick and bulky as it looks, and can be worn indoors if you run cold. Great for Fall.
- The Great 'The Ruffle' Cotton Tee: A trendy ruffle tee with tailored diagonal sleeves. Looks voluminous from the side so you have to be at peace with that. Flirty!
- Apiece Apart 'Pablita' Fringe Trim High/Low Knit Tank: High-Low Fringe Tank Fabness. Fab over a pencil skirt.
- Fuzzi Asymmetrical Cotton Sweater: A very lightweight sweater with a post-apocalyptic vibe. Extra long fashion-forward sleeves. Breezy, yet layered.
- Opening Ceremony Embroidered Piqué Cotton Polo: Wear and eat protein. Quirky Fried Egg Fabness. Fun with a black pencil skirt.
- Fuzzi Stripe & Bloom Print Top: A formfitting knit top for the curvy figure. Will cling so not good for lumpage and bumpage.
- Tomas Maier '5-Way' Merino Wool Cardigan Sweater: An eccentric wrap cardigan that I see layered over a sheath dress.
- BELSTAFF Grommet Detail Stretch Cotton Shift Dress: The zipper can be unzipped to look good on a larger bust. Best on a broader shoulder line and narrower hips.
- Veronica Beard 'Daytona' Pinstripe Cutaway Blazer: A beautifully made pinstripe blazer that will stand the test of time. Luscious fabrication. LOVE the white buttons. Looks as good unbuttoned. Works well for a curvy and straighter body type. The diagonal front is quite magical.
- FOUNDRAE Fringe Trim Vest: Fun fringe vest for apple shaped body types. Good worn open.
- Fuzzi Abstract Print Asymmetrical Tulle Mesh Tank: An excellent silhouette for pear shaped body types. Great global pattern. Breezy yet interesting.
- VIVETTA 'Laila' Floral Embroidered Cropped Pants: A '70s and '90s blast from the past. Great length on these crops. Best on a straighter lower half. Dramatic.
- Derek Lam 10 Crosby Cotton Shirt: Check out the side and back views of this dandy pirate look. Adam Ant-Lite.
- Rick Owens Drape Front Cardigan: An architectural mixed media cardigan with impeccable drape. Great layered over layers.
- VIVETTA 'Sveva' Embroidered Stretch Cotton Shirtdress: A little Lolita. A little '70s. Fun to wear on its own if you can manage the volume. Or pop the shirt dress over cropped jeans.
- Nordstrom Signature And Caroline Issa Nordstrom Signature and Caroline Issa Stretch Cotton Peplum Jacket: A beautifully made peplum jacket for those who prefer waist definition. Gorgeous fabrication. The pocket placement looks better in person. Fine on a larger bust. Might run a little big.
- PIECE A CONVICTION Pièce à Conviction Navy Marble Open Square Ring: Double Ball Ring Fabness. Nice with black and white outfits.
- Prada Metal Heel Pump (Women): A classic pump with an edgy heel. The suede is quite comfortable. Prada footwear tends to run big, so size down. Can work on a higher volume foot.
- TOGA PULLA Buckle Embellished Slingback Sandal (Women): Embellished casual sandals are unique. Good on a regular and higher volume foot. Eye-catching hardware.
- Marni 'Large Camellia' Tote: A graphic tote that looks as casual as it does dressy. Versatile. Narrow straps can cut into your shoulder when you carry a heavy bag so consider yourself warned.
- MALONE SOULIERS 'Montana' Pointy Toe Flat (Women): Dainty lace-up, cut-out oxfords. The choice of colour block is unique, and the suede is quite soft. Reveals toe cleavage so you have to be okay with that.
Browse the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.
Be sure to check back in tomorrow for my top picks from the Half Yearly sale items.