A glaring wardrobe hole prompted me to look for comfy gold flats that weren’t too dressy. I eventually kept the Born Remys, which were $45 and quite the find. Super soft, cushioning and with a little arch support. They fit my low volume foot and narrow ankle perfectly. The creamy gold suede is lovely and quite subtle (nice bookending for blonde hair too). The lime green lining matches my specs and makes me happy. Unfortunately, almost all the sizes are sold out. I got lucky.
As I was searching I found many other fab and comfy gold flats. The styles either didn’t work for my feet or weren’t quite the right vibe for my style. But they might work for you. Some of the styles come in an assortment of colours if the gold is not to your taste. All the styles with closed toes and heels fit an orthotic very comfortably (you might need to go up half a size though).
- Frye Melanie Slip On: A well-made shoe that is well worth the praise and price. It looks neat and polished on the foot despite its casual integrity. Good for both high and low volume feet. Amazing in the mirrored silver too.
- Calvin Klein Celia: A super little smart casual loafer for low volume feet. Might work for some wider feet too, but not if you have bunions. Dapper. Pretty shade of pewter gold.
- Isolá Camillus: Pretty cut-out detailing that looks refined and elegant. The T-strap style is cut very wide and does not work for low volume feet. Best on high insteps and higher arches.
- Kenneth Cole Reaction Pro Time: Comfy, cushioning and interesting. I love how this style looks like a ballet shoe on the foot. Fun! Good on wider feet with narrower heels. Too wide for low volume feet.
- 'Nara' Flat Sandal (Women): Super soft and good on higher volume feet. The style looks mega casual but the broad straps give it modern oomph.
- Banana Republic Telly Lace-Up Sandal: The futuristic gladiator if ever there was one. Super soft, mirrored gold, and excellent on high volume feet.
- 'Lily Moon' Sandal: Although not entirely flat, the small wedge is very manageable. Best on low volume feet with long toes. Not good on wider feet with short toes because your toes won't peep through the peep-toe. Read the rave reviews.
- 'Crystal' Tassel Flat Sandal (Women): A delicate tasseled sandal for a foot that does NOT need a lot of support.
- 'Skipper' Perforated Leather Sneaker (Women): This sassy sneaker looks SO much better in the gold and on the foot than in the photo. Feels like you're walking on air. Sporty Luxe Fabness. An avant-garde style by Munro. Leave no retail stone unturned. Available in many widths.
- Stuart Weitzman Women's Schooldays Ballet Flat: A beautifully made loafer that's less yellow gold in person. Cushioning and supportive. VERY comfortable. The scalloped edges are quite soft. Works well on both low and higher volume feet. Comfortable for bunions.
Browse the collection page to see the items alongside my descriptions.