It’s high Summer, but sleeved dresses in thicker fabrications with a little length have started to come through for Fall. Since this frock silhouette is hard to find when we look for it in colder weather, you might want to get a head start now.
- Maggy London Print Scuba Midi Sheath Dress (Regular & Petite): Long, thick and very substantial. The forest green is on trend, and the black borders on the sleeves and hem are interesting. Fashionably Modest.
- Karen Kane V-Neck Lace Sheath Dress: A lace dress with a V-neck at a good price. I like the contrast lining and scalloped edge of the hem. Good on an hourglass with a larger bust and shorter neck.
- Cynthia Steffe Ponte Shirtdress: I love this dress because it's strict, straight and scholarly. Fluid. I would wear it over skinnies, but tights might be more your cup of tea.
- Karen Kane 'Tiffany' Houndstooth Twist Front Dress: A good dress for a petite hourglass. Nice to see a brown houndstooth.
- Vince Camuto Faux Leather Panel Ponte Sheath Dress (Regular & Petite): Slinky, soft and tailored. The jersey is thin, but it's fully lined and drapes quite well on a straighter body type. It magically creates curves.
- Boden Retro Tunic Dress: I'm not entirely sure how this dress fits but I'm ordering it next month because I love the pattern in pink and tomato red. Boden runs small, so I'll be ordering a size up to prevent a body con fit. I hope that the fabric will feel substantial.
- Boden Highgate Dress: An excellent style for a curvy hourglass or pear. Size up a size.
- Boden Dartmouth Tunic Dress: A good look on a straighter body type with tights, boots, and coat.
- Adrianna Papell Print Sheath Dress (Plus Size): Tailored and well-made. Attractive pattern placement too. Read the rave reviews.
- Boden Sophia Dress: Wear florals year round. This one might scream Spring, but wouldn't it be fun to wear it for Fall? The pattern looks like an oil painting. Might need to size up a size.
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Dot Print Jersey Wrap Dress (Plus Size): A classic fit and flare for a tall lass with a larger bust.
- J.Crew Collection Italian wool dress: This dress would look great with a burgundy coat. Timeless and versatile. Fitted, but not body con. Dress it up with heels, or dress it down with flats and sneakers.
- Book of Kells Dress: A graphic midi in an interesting pattern. The black panels are visually slimming. Formfitting.
I haven’t seen Violeta’s dresses in person, but their styles are well worth a browse for US sizes 10 to 18. There are plenty of sleeved options.