Here’s a selection of soft and stretchy black Ponte pants, which make a cozy change to stiff jeans. They’re ideal for casual Fall ensembles, but can also be dressed up for work with heels, blouses and formal jackets. Also in the list, arty toppers that are a great complement to the formfitting pants.
- Kut from the Kloth Jennifer Knit Pants: A comfortable and basic wardrobe piece that runs true to size and has enough length for tall gals. Read the rave reviews.
- NYDJ Zip Trim Skinny Stretch Ponte Pants: This has been a winner with my clients because they are slightly dressier than the KUTs. The extra thick fabric is supportive and adds structure to your outfit. Runs true to size, but shorter than the KUTs.
- Edyson Ponte Knit Skinny Pants: The fit is extra sleek. The stitch detailing down the front of the thighs adds a sporty touch, which will either make or break the look. May run a little small.
- NYDJ Straight Leg Stretch Ponte Pants (Petite): These fit less closely to the body than the zip trim skinnies, and have a straighter leg. Great for gals with larger calves. Read the rave reviews.
- NYDJ Leather Trim Ponte Pants (Plus): Made of the same thick Ponte fabric as the other NYDJ’s styles, but with slanted pockets and leather trim. Good on an extra curvy bottom and thighs.
- Tildon Bouclé Knit Robe Cardigan: A robe cardigan without the robe tie at the waist. Streamlined and modern, and available in four colours.
- Three Dots Convertible Draped Cardigan (Plus): A drapey topper that works well over a long sleeved T-shirt. It’s sheer so don’t expect this item to keep you warm. Fab for a hot Fall.
- Michael Kors Woven Front Cardigan: A retro style that belts at the waist. Long in front and short at the back. Fab over a navy pencil skirt.
- Knit Vest With Faux Leather Pockets: This piece is very unstructured so it hangs like a sack. But it’s fabulous in an avant-garde and interesting way. Check out the back detail. It’s fab on a broad shoulder line, and looks a lot better on those who can fill out the silhouette. Love the leather pockets.
- Free People In Your Arms Sleeveless Cardigan: This one is for Team Bohemian. Lots of stitch interest and volume. Dramatically casual over a simple long sleeved T-shirt with jeans and boots.
Long toppers are great worn over Ponte pants if you feel too exposed wearing an ultra formfitting style on the lower half of your body.