The sheen on these booties is a lot more subtle than the ultra mirror-shiny sparkle of the sci-fi trend. And they make a nice change to the black footwear that will be trending strongly for Fall and Winter 2013.
- Seychelles Lucky Penny Boot: A casual metallic boot is hard to find, and this one fits the bill. Not overly pointy, but not all that round either. Appropriately distressed for team “rough around the edges” who have the magpie gene. A nice update for Autumn and Winter Mums and gals on the go. Fab cushioning footbed and runs true to size. I vote pewter or gold.
- Donald J Pliner Turk Bootie: On trend, dressy, sleek and great for the office.
- Softspots Sherry Boot: A subtle bronze for those who like earth tones.
- Anyi Lu Audra Boot: Divinely comfortable, good arch support, and impeccable quality. A rugged yet refined biker boot.
- Chio Vieri Bootie: This shootie-bootie hybrid isn’t shiny, although the graphite silver colour option has depth and some sheen.
- Cole Haan Allen Bootie: A brushed gold Beatle bootie complete with comfortable Nike Air technology. A good shoe for travel.
- Dolce Vita Nimbus Boot: A shiny heel is one way to go if metallic booties are too much sparkle. This zebra darling reminds me of Nicholas Kirkwood’s footwear, but at a much more affordable price. Quite the eye catching ped.
It might be hard to think of booties in the middle of Summer, but for some, bootie wearing season is just around the corner. Because Fall and Winter are my dominant seasons, I find it fun to have a new pair of boots or booties waiting in my closet ready for action.