I’ve included closed shoes in this Summer roundup because some of us need to wear closed shoes to work, find them more comfortable than wearing open shoes, or need insulation from indoor air conditioning. Most of these shoes have been tried and tested on my clients and are available in several colours.
- Vince Camuto Ryker Sandal: The tiny wedge heel prevents the sandal from feeling too flat. The reviews suggest that the ankle strap is too large although I did not find that to be the case. Any tighter and it would have rubbed my skin silly. Love the convenience of the back zipper. Pretty comfy, minimalist and modern. These would be mine if I wore sandals. I vote snakeskin all the way
- Born Julianne: A super cushioning casual ballet flat. Read the rave reviews. I vote gold, white and light blue.
- Miz Mooz Waltz: Retro, ladylike and fun.
- Miz Mooz Nomad: I like the the piping detail and V-cut of these booties from the front. Flattering and interesting.
- Steve Madden Troopa: A little distressed lace-up bootie fabness to wear with Summer frocks ’90s style.
- Rieker D4552 Thalia 52: Comfy, stable and super soft leather. I vote wear this colour blocked darling with colourful clothes to amplify its cheerful spirit.
- Stuart Weitzman Guything: A stunningly beautiful ped. Refined and androgynous. Read the rave reviews.
- Dolce Vita Giya: A pretty pointy toe loafer with bling. Add a cushioning insole, or orthotic if it feels too flat. The leather is not soft, but not overly hard either.
- Ivanka Trump Natalea: This shoe does not work for a wider foot, but it’s pretty comfy on a low volume foot. I like the streamlined shape of the wedge and on trend pointy toe.
Some of these shoes will take you straight into Fall. It’s good to think ahead!