Here’s an assortment of on-trend pants and skirts, some casual and some dressy. All with oodles of personality.
- Free People ‘Storm Chaser’ Embroidered Jogging Pants: I like the elasticated ankle hems and the way these pants scrunch when pulled up on the calf. Great coverage for a hot day with a simple pair of sandals. A fresh casual statement.
- Vince Camuto Colorblock Pants: Do not wear these trousers tight, so size up if you need to. They look best worn a little loose with a tucked top. Modern gamine elegance.
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Check Print Draped Trousers: Dress these micro checks up or down. Comfy, slouchy, and the look of so many of the trouser styles on runway shows right now. I LOVE it.
- Vince Camuto Peplum Pencil Skirt: This one is for Team ’80s. Wear a peplum on a skirt instead of a top or jacket. I like the way the peplum is forgiving around the midriff area. Tuck in a top, add a very cropped jacket, or long coat to finish off the outfit. Also available in black if cobalt blue is not your cup of tea.
- Milly Metallic Leather Skirt: This one is for Team Sci-Fi. Simple and impactful where the fabric of the item does all the talking. I love the matching silver shoes with the skirt. Chic!
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Chain Print Slim Pants (Plus): I couldn’t resist recommending this retro late ’80s and early ’90s Versace-Gucci-Hermes type pattern. Patterned pants are stronger than ever, and it’s refreshing to see a style that is not a body con skinny pair of jeans. Available across petites and regular sizes too.
Remember that we are no longer living in a fashion world where things are trendy one year and out the next. That itself is a dated fashion concept. These days, current fashion has a higher degree of longevity. So rest assured you won’t look dated next year or the year thereafter when you purchase trendy items.