A tailored fit means that items follow the contour of the body and are neither overly form fitting nor oversized. They are structured and define the waistline. Tailored fits are forever flattering and always in style.
Here are a few tailored pieces from Nordstrom that are well made, fitted and a little different. Wear them to work or over the weekend by dressing them up or down.
- Max & Mia Plaid Riding Blazer: Equestrian fabness in a classic tartan complete with playful elbow patches. The high-low hemline is attractive as is the buckle detailing. Wear it both open and closed.
- Ted Baker London Jacquard Blazer: Tuxedo-esque. One button jackets with low stances look modern and especially good on a larger bust. Fun colour blocked collar too.
- Two by Vince Camuto Metallic Moto Jacket: I have my eye on this cropped moto as a way to introduce the space-age trend into my wardrobe. Another item for Team Magpie, and machine washable at that.
- Just Cavalli Alligator Print Pencil Skirt: An animal print of a different nature. Graphic.
- Armani Collezioni Tonal Windowpane Blouse: The back button detailing ensures a tailored fit. Great length and beautiful fabrication. Classic, crisp and always in style.
- Only Mine Stripe Cashmere Sweater (Petite): Green is Pantone’s colour for Spring 2013. Get a head start with this space-striped sweater. Personally I prefer the navy and ivory option, but the green looks fresh for 2013.
- Gallery Two Tone Asymmetrical Coat (Plus): I can’t resist another cheerful Spring darling, although the weight of this weatherproof trench is perfect for mild Winters. Revere collar, princess seams and side entry pockets create a flattering line on the body. Runs a little large, which makes it ideal for layering.
All my clients wear tailored fits and the oversized fit is increasing in popularity. With a few exceptions, like the weather-practical jeggings tucked into boots combination, it’s the body con fit that is being left in the dust.