I’ve combed through every item in ladieswear and put together a shortlist of my top picks. Remember to check all the colour options.
- MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Frankie’ Fringe Dress: A classic piece with just the right amount of modern.
- Laundry by Shelli Segal Leather Inset Dress: If you like short body con dresses, give this one a bash because it’s sleeved and the fabric is substantial. Looks sweet over leggings for extra coverage.
- M Missoni Space Dye Knit Dress: A relaxed, chic look that can be worn as a tunic over leather pants.
- Eliza J Knit Shift Dress: A fun mod frock.
- Adrianna Papell Lace & Taffeta Dress: A romantic frock with a long shelf life.
- Adrianna Papell Shimmer Shutter Pleat Dress (Plus): I’ve seen this one on a client and it’s gorgeous.
- Vince Camuto Sleeveless Faux Leather Sheath Dress: It’s uncanny how much this dress resembles leather when it’s ponte knit with a leather-esque finish. Breathable and comfy.
- Theory ‘Rosemon – Classical’ Colorblock Skinny Pants: Moto cross jeggings that aren’t black. Fun!
- Theory ‘Nabiki C. Magistrate’ Leather Trim Pants: Slim fit trousers with leather insets are mega modern. Runs small.
- 7 For All Mankind ‘The Skinny’ Coated Jeans (Metallic Rosemetal): You’d have fun at a casual holiday party wearing this shiny number. Hello science fashion.
- Halogen Elastic Waistband Bouclé Skirt: A versatile basic.
- Classiques Entier ‘Felise’ Plaid Pencil Skirt: It’s fun to see a pencil skirt with off centre front button detailing.
- Vince Camuto Ornate Paisley Pencil Skirt (Petite): Another option for a casual holiday party.
- Tory Burch ‘Hutton’ Crewneck Sweater: I almost bought this pullover but a persimmon bateau neck style won me over.
- Bellefleur Houndstooth Print Top: A super little layering top for under a blazer.
- MARC BY MARC JACOBS ‘Nikolai’ Sweater: Cozy and vibrant.
- Nordstrom Collection Cashmere Tunic Sweater: I have happy clients in this sweater because it’s a “pull on and go” style that’s refined and extra comfortable.
- Vince Camuto Sequin Stripe Sweater: I loved this sweater worn over a plaid skirt. Another fun casual holiday look.
- Just Cavalli ‘Appaloosa’ Print Satin Shirt: This would work with almost everything in my wardrobe. Sassy.
Coats and Jackets
- Soia & Kyo Knit Collar Tweed Walking Coat: A sporty, elegant and casual coat. Runs small.
- Sam Edelman Quilted Leather Moto Jacket: A fab classic.
- Bernardo Leather Scuba Jacket (Plus): Another fab classic.
- Classiques Entier ‘Baron’ Plaid Jacket: A jacket with a distinct ’70s vibe. Could be fab worn over distressed jeans or a leather skirt.
- Tahari ‘Adelle’ Pillow Collar Coat (Nordstrom Exclusive): Dressier puffers are a rare breed, but this one fits the bill.
- Boutique 9 ‘Blaine’ Boot: I vote taupe. Great for Spring as well as Autumn and Winter.
- Everybody ‘Cappalla’ Pump: A burgundy bootie with a playful rosette.
- Dolce Vita ‘Brayden’ Oxford: Another way to add burgundy to your style in a subtle way.
- Pour la Victoire ‘Allena’ Boot: A dramatic pair of red booties adds punch to a neutral outfit.
- High Fashion Handbags Clutch: A neon little darling is just right for the holiday season.
- RED Valentino ‘Bow’ Leather Tote: I could stare at this beauty all day and it’s not even close to being my colour.
- Halogen Calf Hair Zip Out Leather Tote: A tote with a wild inset.
- RED Valentino ‘Leopard Flower’ Clutch: This might have my name on it.
- Vieta Faux Leather Cube Wristlet: If you’re after a very compact but insatiably cute bag, this is it.
- SR Squared by Sondra Roberts Patent Snake Print Clutch: And here’s an affordable way to try the daytime clutch trend in fun colours.
There is lots more to browse if nothing here tickles your fancy. Prices drop as the season progresses, but so does the variety and size assortment. If you’re a bargain shopper, check out the sales before Boxing Day, because you will have more options.