I’m really enjoying the way that Net-a-Porter is showcasing their products recently. This casual outfit, which they created for the converse sneakers, spoke to me for many reasons. First, it’s easy to pull together, and you’ll probably have similar pieces in your closet right now. Second, I love the juxtaposition of the glitzy collar with the oh-so-relaxed sneakers and denim jacket. I love the pairing of a ladylike blouse with casual bottoms. I love the pattern mixed effect of the blouse and bag. I love that this outfit is comfortable and stylish.
The combination is particularly easy to replicate in neutrals with a dash of colour, but any colour palette is workable. There are five components to the outfit, each of which can be customized to suit YOUR style:
- Stretchy Pants: The Gap Real Skinny pants that I’m wearing in this outfit are a great way to recreate this look. A pair of Ponte knit pants, or stretchy cigarette pants will work too. As will a pair of black straight leg jeans or leather jeggings.
- Glam Blouse: The extreme juxtaposition of the untucked glam blouse with the casual outfit is precisely what I find appealing. Sure, you can substitute the glam for casual, but you won’t achieve the same interesting effect. No need to sport sequins and beading as long as the blouse has a dressy aspect to it. Feel free to unbutton the blouse, or wear a glam V-neck top.
- Denim jacket: This item speaks for itself.
- Converse Sneakers: I’d wear my yellow Chucks, but any fashion sneaker will do. Perhaps a fashion forward high top sneaker will tickle your fancy? Go with a little wedge or keep it flat. Try boat shoes if sneakers aren’t your thing. Casual flat oxfords would look great too.
- Accessories: The patterned tote makes the outfit to my eye. And there’s even a little arm candy action that bookends the glam of the blouse. So fab!
This outfit formula is a super way for a gal on the go to feel casual yet pulled together, on trend and ready for action. I’m going to sport this look over the weekend while the weather is mild as I have similar wardrobe pieces. Part of me is toying with the idea of whipping out my black pencil skirt instead of my black skinnies. Let the outfit experimentation begin!