After enlisting your help last week, we received brilliant suggestions for our new Book Club reading list. Classic movies with a strong style aesthetic, a satirical novel, eco fashion, retro style advice, an elegant magazine, behind-the-scenes documentaries… The twenty-five titles on the long list below are as eclectic as the YLF readers who suggested them. Very fab!
Now it’s decision time. YLF Book Club is all about the books and movies you want to discuss, so don’t be shy and let us know which three titles get your vote. We’re putting together the schedule for April to June and need two books (or one book and one magazine) and one movie. This is your chance to have a say in what we’ll be chatting about next. Pick your three favourites from the long list before midnight on Wednesday 14 March. The titles that get the most votes are our winners.
Stay tuned. The winners will be announced in next week’s Book Nook.
- Tomboy Style – Beyond the Boundaries of Fashion – Lizzie Garrett Mettler
- Green Is the New Black: How to Change the World with Style – Tamsin Blanchard
- A Guide to Elegance: For Every Woman Who Wants to Be Well and Properly Dressed on All Occasions – Genevieve Antoine Dariaux
- The Little Guide to Vintage Shopping – Melody Fortier
- Advanced Style - Ari Seth Cohen
- The Color of Style – David Zyla
- I Love Your Style: How to Define and Refine Your Personal Style – Amanda Brooks
- Growing More Beautiful: An Artful Approach to Personal Style – Jennifer Robin
- Nothing to Wear? – Jesse Garza & Joe Lupo
- Style – Kate Spade
- Grey Gardens
- Confessions of a Shopaholic
- The Devil Wears Prada
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Funny Face
- The Philadelphia Story