Sleeveless tops are a fantastic way to keep cool in hot weather, but we also have the right to NOT bare our arms. It’s hard finding tops that are breezy, flattering, arm covering and that can be worn on their own without a camisole or top layer. And the further we head into the Summer retail season, the less likely we are to find items with sleeves.
So now is a good time to look for breezy sleeved tops. Here is a small assortment of woven blouses to help you on your way:
- Ella Moss ‘Annie’ Cutout Shoulder Cascade Eyelet Top: Although this blouse requires a camisole, the integrity of the eyelet ensures ventilation. The shoulder cut-out is genius too.
- Lucky Brand ‘Anne Sunflower’ Blouse: The banded styling creates structure while surrendering the waistline for comfort. You can sew the vent on the neckline a little more closed so that you don’t need to wear a camisole. It’s also available in a tonal grey pattern.
- Lucky Brand ‘Mena’ Zigzag Print Top: Here is the same banded blouse concept with a smocked neckline.
- Tie Neck Pocket Peasant Blouse: Nice colour! No banded bottom, just roomy and comfy.
- Knit Hem Short Sleeve Top: This is an interesting shape. It’s voluminous nature will work well over a pencil skirt thereby taking the bombshell out of the equation.
- Women’s Bird-Print Charmeuse Blouse: Although it’s polyester, it’s a fun conversational print in the right silhouette.
Many of these shapes fall into the “peasant” blouse category. Perhaps that’s not your cup of tea or a flattering silhouette for your body type. But it does do the job of covering your arms without extra layers.