I love stripes almost as much as I love polka dots. Classic pinstripes are my favourite type of stripes on items like suits and blazers. I also fancy a soft striped blouse, and knitwear with two-toned jailbird and rugby stripes. Here are some of my favourite striped items that are in stores right now. Be sure to look at all the colour options.
- Olivia Moon Bateau Neck Stripe Tee: A simple tee with a great sleeve in fun colours.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Dolman Sleeve Stripe Top (Petite): Diagonal stripes are attractive and the position of the stripes on the cuffs are fun. The style is also available in plus sizes.
- Nic + Zoe ‘Outside the Lines’ Cardigan: These stripes are interesting and vertically flattering. I like the low contrast stripe on the sleeves too.
- T by Alexander Wang Striped Long Sleeve Tee: One of the best striped Tees I’ve seen all year.
- Ri2k Aldridge Patent Leather Striped Tote: Classic, lady-like and fun. LOVE it in navy. It was meant to be worn with bright jeans.
- Peoples Market Graded Stripe Blazer: This subtle stripe has an ombre effect.
- Nordstrom ‘Geo Vertical’ Tights: Striped hosiery is tricky to wear but these are fab.
- Karen Millen Graphic Block Stripe Cardigan: These stripes cascade in a graphic way. Very clever! Here’s the same cardigan in grey.
- Philosophy Di Alberta Ferretti Anthracite Pin Striped Pleated Skirt: It’s rare to see a box pleated skirt and it’s a breath of fresh air.
- Calvin Klein Women’s Gabbey Platform Pump: This one is for Team High Heels.
- Bailey 44 ‘Jib’ Striped One Button Knit Blazer: A comfy jacket in a rugby stripe. Fabulous.
- Multicolored Stripe Button 3/4 Sleeve Tunic: A fresh combination for Spring.
- Merino Wool Striped 3/4 Sleeve Sweater Dress: Add tights and booties and Bob’s your Uncle.
- Ollie Stripe Jacket: Retro, elegant and so very striking. Great for the office.
- Rag & Bone Kodiak Coat: You might be mistaken for a spunky butler, but who cares. It’s a well made and theatrical item that makes quite the statement.
- Adrienne Vittadini ‘Retro Dots’ Scarf: You can bat for both Team Stripe and Polka Dot with this one. Another great scarf for warmer weather.
My wardrobe currently includes a pinstriped suit, and striped tee, and shoes and dress. I will gladly add more striped items to keep them company. Do you have any striped items at the moment?