Animal Print fever is rife and I’m not the only one who has the bug. Several of my clients have been into leopard and cheetah printed shoes lately and these are our top picks so far. All of the styles are quite comfortable, and some are very comfortable. Even the sky scraping platforms, while too high for me personally, are comfortable around the foot and toe box area.
There are three styles by “Ivanka Trump”, which is a new-ish brand on my footwear radar. She makes a pretty good shoe! Be sure to read all the accompanying reviews — I’m not the only one who is raving about some of these styles:
- Ivanka Trump Linear Wedge: It’s nice to see a dainty and self fabric wedge for a change. Great cushioning foot bed and stable heel.
- Ivanka Trump Indicon Pump: I almost bought these because they are very comfortable and the heel height is maneageble. The pointy toe reminds me of Audrey and I could see them with my black vintage ball gown. But they were too roomy at the top of the toe box opening creating a few fingers of space between the shoe and the base of my toes. If they work for you, size up half a size for extra length.
- Halogen “Payton” Cone Wedge Pump: Sweet! For me, the heel height was just right and the comfort level adequate. Definitely size up half a size.
- Stuart Weitzman Lastikon Flat: I have these in a solid colour and they are hands down the best ballet flats of my life. They are coming with me to NYC next week because they are 10-hour walking shoes. Runs true to size and also works for a slightly wider foot.
- Ivanka Trump Magnolis Flat: I didn’t find these as comfortable as the Stuart Weitzman Lastikon flats, but they are half the price and very pretty. The lighter colour animal print looks particularly fab with blonde hair.
- Nine West “Rocha” Pump: A classic and crisp pump with a surprisingly soft footbed. I love how this shoe bookends brown, black and auburn hair. Size up half a size.
- Bandolino Holden Flat: This is a great rare find because it has a sturdy three quarter inch heel, although it’s still a ballet flat. I gasped out loud at the comfort level when I tried it on at Macys last week, which caused two nearby ladies to try on the shoe too. One of the ladies was so taken by the shoe that she wore them on the way out of the store. It’s also available in solids, metallics and pony print at Zappos.
- B. Makowsky Heist Pump: I popped these into the YLF store because they are irresistible with the red piping. The retro vibe of the mary jane strap and stacked heel is divine. They are pretty comfortable, and you might need to size up half a size.
- Steve Madden “Annie-L” Wedge Bootie: Dramatic and eye catching. Read the rave reviews. These would go down very well at New York Fashion Week.
- Steve Madden “Wicked-L” Bootie: More rave reviews for this sculptural ped. Without the platform, the heel measures almost six inches. Quite the statement! Surprisingly, the footbed is soft and cushioning, so if you love an edgy platform high heel with simple lines – this is it.
I have a few pairs of animal print shoes and I’ll be happy to add another pair because they are seasonless and timeless. I’m still deciding whether I want a pair of animal print flats, heels or boots. Decisions, decisions.