The new season is young, but there are already great sandals on my radar. I’ve tried on all the styles below and had them on various clients. Each sandal has a stable heel and cushioning foot bed. The uppers, made either of leather or fabric are soft. These design details tend to make sandals more comfortable from the word go, which is why I look out for them.
Most of the styles are casual because of the cork and wooden heels. A self-fabric heel tends to look dressier and two of the styles here fit that bill. Make sure you click through the colours if you don’t fancy the ones represented:
- Indigo by Clarks Long Pond Sandal: This sandal was recommended by forum member Antje who, like me, prefers flats and low heeled footwear. We both couldn’t believe the comfort level here despite the 3.5 inch heel and one inch platform. That being said, this sandal is still too high to be an 8-hour walking shoe for me. But it could be a walking shoe for you!
- AK Anne Klein Audris Sandal: Generally, narrow straps aren’t as comfortable as wide straps, but I do have clients who prefer them. Depending on the placement of your pinkie toe, the strap on this style can dig into the flesh. Still a great all round sandal though.
- Onex Christina Sandal: These look particularly good on feet with short toes, since the sandal upper starts quite far up the shoe. Long toes tend to look better in sandal uppers that start further down the shoe thereby shortening the length of the toe. Animal print is the cat’s meow and oh so fabulously 70’s for this season.
- Onex Puffy Sandal: This is just what the doctor ordered for wider feet and feet with bunions. The leather is so, so forgiving and molds over the foot like a nylon stocking. They are too wide for my long bony toes that fall through the front of the sandal, but my goodness do my clients love them. On Zappos, they received 5 stars after 279 reviews. They are also available in a pretty gold shade from Nordstrom.
- DV by Dolce Vita Pali Sandal: I’m recommending a monster wedge. Unbelievable. Well believe it because I was blown away by the comfort of this sandal. The heel height makes this a sitting shoe for me, but it might be a walking shoe for you. You just have to try it on to appreciate why this monster wedge is a cut above the rest.
- Clarks Thimble Clover Sandal: This is my favourite heel height and therefore my favourite sandal from this batch. It has the potential to be an 8-hour walking shoe. The suede is extremely soft. It also has strategically placed elastic inserts that facilitate comfortable striding. I am usually allergic to shoes with back zippers but I didn’t even notice them here. A superb sandal design for the low heel wearer. I preferred the black, but you might like the grey.
If the shoe is within your budget, fits well on the foot, you love the way it looks, AND it’s comfortable – buy it. There is no need to wait for a better style to come along.