It’s here and there is lots of great stuff to choose from this year. In particular, an excellent assortment of coats, trench coats, jackets, footwear, knitwear, handbags and accessories. I was generally disappointed with the selection of blouses, jeans, suits, skirts and dresses. But your mileage may vary and you never can tell until you check things out for yourself.
There’s a lot of fabulous merchandise, but here are my top picks. Quite a few of the styles are also available in petites so be sure to look if that’s your preferred size specification.
- Hinge Cropped Tweed Jacket ($89.90): A great Chanel-esque piece available in petites and plus sizes too. Edgy with great sweet zipper trim.
- Trina Turk Sleeveless Ponte black jacket ($199.90): Gorgeous if you live in a hot climate but want a layering piece.
- Guess Tweed Riding Jacket ($98.90): Perfect for taller gals after a vintage equestrian look.
- Halogen Cropped Collarless Chanel-esque Jacket ($98.80): It’s longer than the style by “Hinge” and a little more classic.
- Trouve Canvas Military Jacket ($69.00): Androgynous and on trend.
- Kenna T leather Moto Jacket ($299.90): A striking colour and quite tailored.
- Miss Sixty Cropped Faux Moto Cycle Jacket ($49.00): Slick and super cheeky. Great for over dresses.
- Classiques Entier Boiled Wool Jacket ($149.00): Cute both buttoned and unbuttoned. Runs big.
- Ted Baker London Xadar Fitted Leather Jacket ($359.90): Stunning, soft and sumptuous.
- Caslon Ruffle Front jacket ($49.90): Relaxed and sweet for warm Winters and Mums on the go.
- Vince Leather Jacket ($429.00): Pricey but very beautiful. A simple strong statement at its best.
- Guess Washed Leather Jacket ($198.00): Another great silhouette for a curvy hourglass and adorable apple. Flattering!
- Michael Kors Split Lapel Trench Coat ($98.00): The pictures do not do this trench justice. It’s beautiful on a curvy hourglass and the removable hood is very practical.
- Miss Sixty Purple Pea Coat ($98.90): Cheeky and rich.
- Guess Double Button Washed Leather Topper ($198.90): Great for short waisted gals and in a unique shade on ombre grey.
- Calvin Klein Faux Leather Trench ($98.90): So deliciously 70′s retro I can’t stand it.
Dresses & Skirts
- Trina Turk “Vaughn” Sleeveless Knit Dress ($169.00): The colour is delicious and the shape easy and comfortable. Great for layering.
- Taylor back Zip Pleated Printed Sheath Dress ($104.90): So pretty and great with a cropped black leather jacket.
- Karen Kane Reverse Seam Dress ($71.90): Great over leggings or skinnies.
- Halogen Knitted Ponte Pencil Skirt ($44.90): Very comfy, great slimming vertical seams, a good regular length and available in olive, black and violet.
- Classiques Entier “Garden Lace” Skirt ($129.90): Just think how happy you’ll be at Christmas party season with one of these in your wardrobe. Or dress it down with a denim shirt or jacket and rugged boots for daytime wear.
- Classiques Entier Atelier Radience Woven Pencil Skirt ($109.90): Bright red pencil skirt spell festive fun.
Pants & Jeans
- Sanctuary Tweed Shorts ($56.90): With youth on your side and a great set of gams these are sweet deluxe. Pair them with knee-high boots and fun hose.
- Halogen Double Cloth Pencil Pants ($49.90): Thick leggings perfect for tucking into boots.
- Rich and Skinny “Casbah” Dropped Silk Pants ($99.90): On-trend, stunningly drapy and a great length.
- Kut from the Kloth Skinny Jeans ($45.90): A great inexpensive basic that stretches out a little so size down. Available in both black and blue denim.
- Paige Premium “Verdugo” Stretch Denim Leggings ($109.00): Premium jeggings at their best.
- Halogen Merino Wool Boyfriend Cardigan ($49.90): A good basic that’s plenty long and available in many colours.
- Bobeau Tiered Flyaway Cardigan ($39.90): Lightweight and romantic.
- Classiques Entier Cascade Detail Sweater ($69.90): Great elbow sleeve and super colours. Layers well too.
- One A Stripe Flyaway Cardigan ($29.90): Super price and easy to wear. Low contrast stripes are especially lovely in this style.
- Halogen Drape Neck Dolman Sleeve Sweater ($49.90): A fab Winter basic that’s covered but still alluring.
Tops & Blouses
- Majestic Stripe Turtle Neck ($89.90): As soft as a baby’s bottom and not too clingy.
- Vince Dégradé Knit Tunic ($89.00): Soft, boxy, boyish and yummy.
- Bellatrix Printed Silk Chiffon Tunic ($58.90): A simple drapey blouse that’s a no-brainer with a sleek bottom. The blue pattern gets my vote.
- Stuart Weitzman “Hammer” Boot ($349.90): Flat, over-the-knee and extremely comfortable. Perfect for regular height and tall gals. Bypass if you’re petite or short in the leg because the back comes up really high and only just fits the length of my leg at 5ft 6.
- Cole Haan “Air Avalon” Flat Knee-High Boot ($229.90): Very comfy and well made. Love the buckle detailing. Great for a wider calf and just as fab in light grey as they are in black.
- Børn Crown ‘Yolanda’ Mid Calf Boot ($159.90): Great heel height, cute casual vibe and fab in chestnut and grey.
- Steve Madden “Linderr” Casual Boot with Exposed Zippers ($129.90): Rugged fabness all the way and great for a wider calf. I vote cream.
- Uggs Flat Suede Boot ($139.90): Very comfy and with warm shearling inners. I vote the sand color just to be different.
- Sendra 8822 Boot ($329.90): Better than any of the Fryes on sale if you have a wider calf. Simply fabulous!
- Naughty Monkey Flat Suede 80’s Ankle Boot ($59.90): Just about the most comfortable boots at the sale. Great in taupe if you have dry Winters.
- Nine West “Gianne” Boot ($79.90): A very comfy boot with a low wedge heel that’s neat and mod.
- Vince Camuto Peep Toe Bootie ($79.90): If you can walk in high stilettos, give these a whirl.
- Me Too “Precious” ($64.90): Comfy as a slipper and bejeweled like a crown.
- Attilio Giusti Leombruni Cap Toe Ballet Flat ($198.90): Great for a wider foot and as soft as it gets.
- Me Too “Lightening Wedge” ($59.90): Versatile, retro and easy to wear.
- Guess Washed Leather Jacket ($198.90): A great item that’s both classic and hip. I vote purple all the way.
- Caslon Seamed Leather Jacket ($165.90): The seaming on this jacket is sublime. Very flattering and well made.
- Bellatrix Roll Sleeve Silk Tunic ($58.90): Feminine and drapy deluxe. Its tailored and floats away from the bodty at the same time which is pretty clever. This pattern has an Asian vibe and the colour is gorgeous.
- One A Drape Front Cardigan ($37.90): Lightweight and available in super colours.
- Kenneth Cole New York Roll Sleeve Silk Tunic ($65.90): Great over skinnies or leggings as is and just as fab belted at the waist. The red gets my vote.
- Michael Kors Split Lapel Trench Coat ($98.90): Same as regular sizes.
- Foxcroft Shaped Appliqué Tunic ($51.90): Simple, elegant, well made and very clean.
- Halogen Drape Neck Sweater ($49.90): Soft, luscious and with an alluring yet covered neckline.
- Halogen Seamed Skirt ($49.90): Very comfy, great slimming vertical seams, a good regular length and available in olive, black and violet.
- Halogen Merino Wool Boyfriend Cardigan ($57.90): A great basic that’s plenty long and available in many colours.
- Halogen Chain Trim Tweed Chanel-esque Jacket ($104.90): A more classic look.
That’s my shortlist, but there is so much more to peruse in all departments. Try to look at lingerie, scarves, handbags, hosiery, belts, watches, hats, menswear, kidswear and cosmetics too.