I thought we could end the year by sharing some thoughts on fashion and style in 2008. First, our wardrobes. New items or golden oldies, these were my all time favourite, “I don’t know what I’d do without them” pieces this year:
- Outerwear: Cream Soia & Kyo trench, long grey double-breasted tweed coat
- Jacket: Charcoal Rag & Bone military jacket, black belted biker jacket
- Dress: Little black ‘60’s go-go dress
- Tops: Anne Fontaine button down shirts
- Knitwear: Cropped citron cowl neck pullover, black military polo neck
- Pants: Cream and black micro-check skinnies
- Skirt: All my pencil skirts
- Shoes: Black Me Too Swann flats, grey patent biker pumps, Haflinger slippers
- Boots: Grey over-the-knee slouchy boots, black 20 eyelet Dr. Martens, cream spectator booties, cream calf-length slouchy boots, flat black patent weatherproof knee high boots
- Handbag: Red cracked patent tote
- Accessories: White watch, white and black specs, black waist-cinching biker belt
Second, the trends. Some general thoughts on fashion in 2008:
- Best trend: Stylish revivals of 80’s fashion.
- Most stylish celebrities: Cate Blanchett, Penelope Cruz, Nicole Kidman and Kate Moss.
Finally, the most important thing I learned this year: Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Never say “never” because you’ll surprise yourself over and over again.